Travelling from Malvern Wells through the Wyche Cutting into Herefordshire, take the lower left fork down towards Colwall (Walwyn Road) and Willow Spring is about 500 yards down on the left, beside the road by a track-way but before the hairpin bend.
This is an ancient ‘fault’ spring where originally the water flowed from an outcrop of rock beside a willow tree, hence the name. During the Second World War a plane discharged sixteen bombs over Malvern and one of these was reported to fall beside this spring, damaging it. In 1947 the present Malvern stone surround, spout and small trough, were installed, probably with a hidden collector tank underground to harness water from the damaged spring. The spout now only runs at a tiny trickle and the MSA hopes the flow will be restored by 2008 as part of the Springs Restoration Project.